Like most individuals and companies, SimplePay entered the new decade armed with big dreams and extensive plans for the year that lay ahead. As COVID-19 swept across the world, we were forced to temporarily pause our plans and adapt to the new challenges thrown our way. But one thing has stayed constant throughout: our customers remain our top priority.
It’s with this in mind that we have decided to defer our usual annual inflation-linked price adjustment which is normally effective on 1 January each year. Inflation-linked price adjustments are unfortunately unavoidable, as our sustainability depends on us staying on top of rising costs. However, we recognise that many of you have been through undue hardships in 2020 and we hope that by delaying our price adjustment by a few months, we are able to provide additional relief during these difficult economic circumstances. We will notify you in advance of the effective date for our price adjustment.
As we look back on the year, our team pulled together like never before to ensure that you were equipped to process payroll despite the changing payroll landscape. We rapidly responded to add system functionality as the government introduced various COVID-19 relief efforts and had ever-changing requirements for these. In addition, we assigned a dedicated team to blogging and creating help site articles so that you had easy access to information as it unfolded, and we spent countless hours on phones and emails providing support. We hope that our efforts made this year a little bit easier for you.
Despite the unexpected challenges that we faced in 2020, the SimplePay team still managed to roll out some fantastic new features. Although not an exhaustive list, we’d like to highlight a few of them:
- With the payslip password settings feature, you can encrypt payslips sent to employees via email.
- An expansion of the self-service portal allows employees to submit expense claims via self-service.
- You can correct ETI overclaims and underclaims after our huge ETI overhaul.
- Understanding your SDL and UIF figures became a lot easier with the UIF and SDL trace.
- If you claim ETI, the ETI breakdown and ETI trace outlines the calculations for ETI for each qualifying employee.
- The End Service Checklist flags outstanding leave, savings or loans for employees being terminated.
- You can download the UIF Declaration file that was sent to the Department of Labour, as well as the response received.
- You can download pre-populated individual UI-19 forms for employees who need to claim from the UIF.
- Employees can view payslips and submit requests from anywhere using version 2 of the SimplePay mobile app.
- You can now transfer companies yourself if you are the account owner.
As this year draws to a close, we’d once again like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty, support and understanding throughout the year. We wish you all the best over the festive season and look forward to the positive opportunities that lie ahead in 2021.
Take care and stay safe