As usual, we’ve been hard at work adding new features to the system over the past few months, but haven’t gotten around to telling you about all of them yet. So, without further ado:
- Improved Maternity Leave Function: A subtle improvement. Now, the employee can be re-instated without losing the historic status indicators on the UIF declarations. And the payslip date will automatically be moved forward to the first available date after returning to work.
- Payroll admins can now approve leave requests: Previously, only another employee could approve leave. However, since in many companies the employee responsible for approving leave is also a payroll admin, this makes sense.
- Better handling of paying out leave for weekly workers: After paying out multiple weeks of leave for a weekly worker (which is accomplished by overriding the end date of the payslip), the system will now default to the correct next payslip period corresponding to when the employee returns from leave.
- Added Nedbank CSV EFT Format: Depending on how your internet banking is set up, this may be the preferred format for you to use.
- Option to print residential address on payslips: Some clients asked for this so that employees can use payslips for proof of residence. This may or may not be acceptable depending on the institution requiring the proof.
- Option to print pay point on payslip
- Xero: Assigning pay points to Xero tracking categories
- Custom deductions / contributions can now be calculated as a % of income
Please keep the suggestions coming. And as always, please contact us if you have any questions.