The Interim Employer Reconciliation filing season with SARS is now open and ends on 31 October 2019. The interim reconciliation covers the six-month transaction period from 1 March to 31 August 2019, and the final annual reconciliation in April/May 2020 will cover the full tax year.
During the reconciliation process, you are required to submit an EMP501 return confirming or correcting the amounts declared for PAYE, SDL, UIF and ETI, as well as the payments made. This ensures that your EMP201 submissions are correct and up-to-date. In addition, failure to complete the interim reconciliation means that you will forfeit any ETI credits that have overrun in the first 6 months and will therefore not receive any payouts for this.
Remember that SimplePay automatically generates the IRP5s / IT3(a)s and EMP501 needed for bi-annual filing with SARS. SimplePay also automatically incorporates any new legislative changes, such as new codes or tax rules, simplifying the filing process for you.
The reconciliation process can be completed using [email protected] (recommended) , eFiling (for less than 50 tax certificates), or at a SARS branch (for less than 5 certificates). Version 6.9.7 of [email protected] was released today, 23 September 2019. You can download it here and read up about the changes incorporated in the latest update
here. Please remember to back up your current information on your computer before installing a new version of [email protected]
For more information about the bi-annual filing process, refer to this help page. We also have a useful guide to take you through it step by step. The guide contains an important checklist which will help you eliminate unnecessary validation errors when trying to upload files to [email protected]
If you have any queries or need any assistance, please contact our support team.
In our last blog post, we informed you that the Compensation Fund is in the process of modernising its system, with the aim of developing an integrated online platform for clients. The first phase of the project involves developing a claims management system.
All users will need to be registered to be able to access this online platform. To register, you will first need the documents listed in the next section. You will then be able to do the following:
- Pre-registration: You can submit all documents to [email protected] or your nearest Department of Labour office before the 25 September to pre-register for the system before it goes live. You will then have access to the system in the role that you applied for as soon as it goes live.
- Regular registration: If you choose not to pre-register, you can register on the system after 1 October 2019. Please note that access is not immediately granted as the information supplied is first required to go through the vetting process.
Documents needed for registration
- Company / Organisation registration document
- ID document of the director(s) in the registration document
- Certified ID or passport copy of the user who will be transacting
- Approved User Application Form (provided)
- Health Practice Registration Certificate from BHF, where the Health Provider is the primary users. It must have an ID number to prove that it belongs to Health Provider.
- Proof of address for all primary users.
- Power of Attorney letter for all users. It must be on the company letterhead, whose details correspond with the registration document.
- PERSAL employee report (exempted employers)
The Compensation Fund has begun the process of modernising and consolidating their systems. This process includes an update to the CF-Filing platform.
To allow for this update, the CF-Filing system has been offline as of 28 August. While the technical migration to a new system is underway you will not be able to submit information through the [email protected] mailbox.
The Compensation Fund has reinstated the old ROE Online system so that filing can continue during the update. The ROE Online system can be accessed from cfonline.labour.gov.za
You will be able to perform the following actions through the ROE Online system
- Employer Registration
- Submit Return of Earnings
- Retrieve Letter of Good Standing
- Verify Letter of Good Standing
Furthermore, the online payment platform will no longer be available and you will need to utilise the banking details on the Notice of Assessment/Invoice to make direct payments through your bank.
The following contact details are available for any queries you may have:
As always, feel free to contact SimplePay support if you have any questions.