In our blog on 18 May, we informed you that in addition to our email confirming UIF submissions, we had added new functionality where you could download your submitted file. In order to keep you in the loop with UIF communications, whilst saving you the hassle of having to go through the UIF submission process, we have enhanced our UIF submission functionality. SimplePay now allows the downloading of both monthly submissions and responses from the UIF on one page.
To reiterate, whilst these files may not be useful for payroll administration purposes, they will provide records of the file submitted and the response from the UIF.
To locate and download the files:
- Go to Filing
- In the UIF Declaration section for the relevant month, click Submit
- After submission, click on awaiting_response. This will open up a new pop-up, from which you can download your submission file.
- When SimplePay receives a response from the UIF, the status will either change to confirmed or error.
- Click on confirmed or error to obtain more information on your submission.
- As was the case in step 3, you can download your submission by clicking on the icon under Submission. You can download the UIF’s response to your application by clicking on the icon under Response.
In the case of confirmed applications, the icon for downloading the UIF’s responses are shown below:
In addition to being able to download the submission file and response, submissions with an “error” response also provide insight into the reason for the error. This can be viewed by hovering over the blue question mark to the right of the failure status:
More information on UIF submissions, submissions for foreign employees and re-submissions can be found on our help page.
Please note: Should you need to open these files, you will need to rename the file to include “.csv” at the end (and remove the abbreviation for the current file format). This will allow you to view the file in Excel, Google Sheets or another spreadsheet application.
We hope that this information proves useful to you. If you require any assistance regarding this functionality, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team at [email protected].
Keep well and stay safe.