Today we’d like to highlight a useful feature on the system that many users are not aware of. The Copy first value down feature makes capturing repetitive data for employees much faster. The following example explains how it works:
Bob has 7 employees who are hourly paid. All employees work the same number of hours each month, but the number of hours worked differ from month to month.
To capture these hours quickly for a particular month, Bob can:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Payslip Inputs.
- Use the filters to locate the fields that he wishes to capture information for.
- Enter the hours for the first employee.
- Click on the arrow next to the column name and select Copy First Value Down.
- All hours have been copied down. If Bob is happy with this, he can click Save. If one employee did not work the same amount of hours as the rest, he can change it just for that employee.
It’s as simple as that!
Found this article useful? Let us know in the comments section below and we will be sure to highlight more features like this in the future.