Today we follow on from our previous blog post, in which we discussed the latest iteration of the UIF’s Temporary Employee Relief Scheme (TERS) initiative for the most recent lockdown periods between 16 March and 25 July 2021.
The UIF recently sent out a communication to all registered employers that provided a few updates and notable points in relation to this latest phase of TERS which includes:
- the partial rolling out of applications for Annexure A establishment claims; and
- a note on the application of approved Sectoral Appeals.
Online Portal Update
The UIF TERS portal has been expanded over the past few weeks, as per the ongoing applications rollout process:
- As of 29 July 2021, the portal is accepting Annexure A establishment claims (see previous blog post) for 28 June to 25 July 2021, under claim code 1.
- A further application process for claims by Annexure A establishments during the period from 16 March to 27 June 2021 (claim code 2), is not yet operational but is planned and will be rolled out in due course.
- The process for Annexure B establishment claims for the lockdown period between 28 June to 25 July 2021 (claim code 1), remains unchanged.
The UIF continues to develop their portal with the goal of enabling applications in terms of Claim Codes 2, 3, 4 and 5 for the longer retrospective periods, as soon as possible.
A further update to the portal is expected by the end of August 2021.
Employers who have had their sectoral based TERS applications declined due to non-eligibility, have the option to appeal this decision in a process called a Sector Appeal, where they can provide motivation for their inclusion into a particular sector. The application form for this can be found here.
+If you are applying for TERS for the period from 28 June to 25 July 2021 and have had a previous sector appeal approved, you will not need to reapply and the previous appeal will still have effect. +If you are applying for the period from 16 March to 25 July 2021, your previously approved appeal will not be applied and you will be required to make a new application.
Any further queries on the above can be directed to the UIF Call Centre on 0800 030 007.
Should you have any questions regarding SimplePay or any of our services, please feel free to contact [email protected] for assistance.
Keep well and stay safe.