You asked us for a way to help you remember to capture the necessary payslip items associated with employee terminations, and we’ve been listening. Introducing our newest feature: the End Service Checklist.
When ending an employee’s service on the system, there will now be a pop up if the employee:
- has a positive leave balance that you need to pay out
- has a savings balance that you need to pay out
- has a loan balance that still needs to be paid
If you are capturing the termination and the employee only has the last payslip as a draft (i.e. prior payslips have been finalised), you can click on each item in the checklist to open the system item where action is needed.
More information on these topics can be found in the following help articles:
Please note: Expansion of this feature is in our pipeline. At this stage, this new checklist only works for:
- employees terminated individually, not in bulk.
- positive balances (i.e. if an employee’s leave balance is a negative, then it will not appear on the checklist).
We hope this new feature is everything that you imagined it would be, and more!
If you need assistance with any of these payslip items, please contact us.
As 2019 (and the decade) draws to a close, we’d like to thank you for choosing SimplePay as your payroll software provider. We really value the loyalty, ideas, feedback and love that we get from you, our clients.
We would also like to take this opportunity to reflect on the year that has been and share some important information with you.
In January, our annual price adjustment will come into effect. As always, this will be an inflationary-related increase, which allows us to maintain the quality of our product and the service that we offer. Our current prices are available here – we will send out a notice in January to alert you of the new prices.
When looking back on 2019, it was certainly a year of growth for our team, which led to the fantastic accomplishment of being nominated as a Xero App Partner of the Year. Some of the major features and functions that we accomplished were:
- Custom items based on system items, and the subsequent expansion of this feature
- Custom employee fields in Basic Info
- A new leave days report
- Customisation of employee self-service
- Bulk actions for once-off payslips and overriding payslip end dates
- Leave expiration
- QuickBooks integration upgrade
- Automatic logout for idle accounts
In 2020, you can expect the team to continue striving to enhance your payroll experience. As always, all added features are completely free for all and do not change the monthly fee that you pay.
From all of us here at SimplePay, have a joyful festive season. We are looking forward to a great 2020 together!
We are happy to announce that we have increased our bulk actions functionality to include bulk actions for once-off payslips. If you have multiple employees with once-off payslips and need to add items to these payslips, you can now do so in bulk by going to Employees > Bulk Actions.
From here, you can select either Payslip Inputs or Clocking Imports. Then click on Switch to once-off payslips and capture your data accordingly. Please take note of the following:
- Payslip Inputs: As always, only once-off items (i.e. no regular items) can be added to once-off payslips.
- Clocking Imports: Only custom items with Payslip Inputs are supported for this method.
To read more about these functions, the following help pages are available:
If you need further assistance with this new functionality, please contact our support team.