It’s time for you to complete and submit your Return of Earnings (ROE) or W.As.8 to the Compensation Fund. This submission is a declaration of your employees’ earnings for the period 1 March 2020 to 28 February 2021 (the same as the tax year). In addition, you also need to provide projected earnings for the next year (1 March 2021 to 28 February 2022).
The deadline for this submission is 31 May 2021.
As always, SimplePay tries to make your life easier by automatically generating a report on the system that will help you to complete your W.As.8. Simply go to Submissions > OID (Workman’s Comp) Return to download the report.
The current 2020/2021 Return of Earnings threshold of R484 200 is already taken into account by SimplePay. Additionally, the Compensation Fund has published a new annual earnings threshold of R506 473 per annum for the 2021/2022 Return of Earnings (form W.As.8). We have updated our system to accommodate this.
More information about the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases (COID) Act can be found on our help site.
Please feel free to contact [email protected] if you need any assistance.
In our last blog post, we informed you that the Compensation Fund is in the process of modernising its system, with the aim of developing an integrated online platform for clients. The first phase of the project involves developing a claims management system.
All users will need to be registered to be able to access this online platform. To register, you will first need the documents listed in the next section. You will then be able to do the following:
- Pre-registration: You can submit all documents to [email protected] or your nearest Department of Labour office before the 25 September to pre-register for the system before it goes live. You will then have access to the system in the role that you applied for as soon as it goes live.
- Regular registration: If you choose not to pre-register, you can register on the system after 1 October 2019. Please note that access is not immediately granted as the information supplied is first required to go through the vetting process.
Documents needed for registration
- Company / Organisation registration document
- ID document of the director(s) in the registration document
- Certified ID or passport copy of the user who will be transacting
- Approved User Application Form (provided)
- Health Practice Registration Certificate from BHF, where the Health Provider is the primary users. It must have an ID number to prove that it belongs to Health Provider.
- Proof of address for all primary users.
- Power of Attorney letter for all users. It must be on the company letterhead, whose details correspond with the registration document.
- PERSAL employee report (exempted employers)
The Compensation Fund has begun the process of modernising and consolidating their systems. This process includes an update to the CF-Filing platform.
To allow for this update, the CF-Filing system has been offline as of 28 August. While the technical migration to a new system is underway you will not be able to submit information through the [email protected] mailbox.
The Compensation Fund has reinstated the old ROE Online system so that filing can continue during the update. The ROE Online system can be accessed from cfonline.labour.gov.za
You will be able to perform the following actions through the ROE Online system
- Employer Registration
- Submit Return of Earnings
- Retrieve Letter of Good Standing
- Verify Letter of Good Standing
Furthermore, the online payment platform will no longer be available and you will need to utilise the banking details on the Notice of Assessment/Invoice to make direct payments through your bank.
The following contact details are available for any queries you may have:
As always, feel free to contact SimplePay support if you have any questions.