- Designed from the ground up to deal with South African payroll legislation.
- Takes the hassle out of payroll administration. Statutory deductions and contributions are calculated automatically (Tax, UIF, SDL). SimplePay will ask you the right questions to ensure that payroll deductions are done in the correct manner.
- Assumes no knowledge of payroll legislation, nor experience with other payroll software / systems.
- The system will tell you when your submissions are due and remind you to prevent late submissions. You'll always be 100% compliant. Submissions are done electronically wherever possible.
“Easy as pie, even for technological dinosaurs” — Leonie Stenemann, Clothing Africa
“...the service has been easy to use and really reliable. If you are an employer in South Africa, I can highly recommend SimplePay.” — Richard Stobart, Unboxed Consulting (UK)
“Simplepay can handle any payroll problem you throw at it with ease.” — Andre Pienaar, Lumar FoodsRead full testimonials
Loads of New Features
23 Jul 2013 – As usual, we’ve been hard at work adding new features to the system over the past few months, but haven’t gotten around to telling you about all of them yet. So, without further ado:
- Improved Maternity Leave Function: A subtle improvement. Now, the employee can be re-instated without losing the historic status indicators on the UIF declarations. And the payslip date will automatically be moved forward to the first available date after returning to work.
- Payroll admins can now approve leave requests: Previously, only another employee could approve leave. However, since in many companies the employee responsible for approving leave is also a payroll admin, this makes sense.
- Better handling of paying out leave for weekly workers: After paying out multiple weeks of leave for a weekly worker (which is accomplished by overriding the end date of the payslip), the system will now default to the correct next payslip period corresponding to when the employee returns from leave.
- Added Nedbank CSV EFT Format: Depending on how your internet banking is set up, this may be the preferred format for you to use.
- Option to print residential address on payslips: Some clients asked for this so that employees can use payslips for proof of residence. This may or may not be acceptable depending on the institution requiring the proof.
- Option to print pay point on payslip
- Xero: Assigning pay points to Xero tracking categories
- Custom deductions / contributions can now be calculated as a % if income
Please keep the suggestions coming. And as always, please contact us if you have any questions.
Announcing Self-Service Leave Requests
7 February 2013 – We’re please to announce a major new feature. Self-service leave requests allow your employees to request leave from their self-service accounts, and then initiates a workflow where another employee can approve that leave.
You can read more about it in our help section.