Once you have enabled your employees for self-service, they will be able to log in and view their payslips online.
Any payslips that are part of a created pay run will automatically be released once self-service is enabled. When creating subsequent pay runs, you will be prompted to release payslips to self-service. If you decide not to release them when creating the pay run, you can do so at a later stage – go to Pay Runs, then click on the dropdown arrow next to the pay run date and click on Self-Service Release > Release.
By default, employees will receive an email notifying them that their payslips have been released; however, you are also able to attach the latest payslip as a PDF to each of these emails. This can be set up as follows:
- Go to Employees > Self-Service > Settings > General
- Tick the Attach payslips to emails on self-service release box.
- If you wish to encrypt payslips sent via email with a password, select the Enable password protection for attached payslips (using employee identity numbers or birthdates checkbox. The password used will be the employee’s identity (ID) number or, if no ID number is available, their date of birth*.
- Click Save
*Please note that the password will be generated based on the information available at the time of the employees’ payslips being sent via email. Any subsequent changes to the identity number or date of birth of an employee will only change the password for their payslips sent via email after the change and not historic ones.
Releasing payslips to employees
How the option to automatically release payslips to self-service option functions:
- The option to Automatically release payslips to Self-Service should always appear on the first pay run for each period.
- If the option to Automatically release payslips to Self-Service is ticked for a pay run that is later deleted, the option won’t appear again when the pay run is recreated.
- If the option to Automatically release payslips to Self-Service is not ticked for a pay run that is later deleted, the option will appear again when the pay run is recreated.
- If the option to Automatically release payslips to Self-Service is not ticked for a pay run, and the payslips were manually released to self-service and later deleted, the option won’t appear again when the pay run is recreated.
- If a user wishes to manually release payslips, the option to Automatically release payslips to Self-Service must be left unticked.