Take-on balances are only possible if the appointment date for an employee is before the first pay period end date that you capture on SimplePay.
If you start using SimplePay on 1 November, but you indicate that the first pay period end date is 30 June, this means that you will be using SimplePay to create payslips from 30 June onwards, not 1 November onwards. Therefore, if you have an employee who has an appointment date that is later than 30 June, you will not be able to capture take-on balances as they are employed after the date that you start using SimplePay for payslips.
To see the first pay period end date:
- Go to Settings > Pay Frequencies
- Click on a pay frequency that is already set up e.g. Monthly, ending on the 31st.
- Take note of the first payroll period end date.
For more information about pay frequencies, go to:
To view the appointment date of an employee:
- Go to Employees and select the relevant employee.
- Click on Edit Info > Basic Info.
- Take note of the employee’s appointment date.
For more information about employee setup, go to: