You are required to grant employees 3 days of family responsibility leave per 12 month leave cycle. This is only applicable to employees who:
- Have been employed by you for longer than 4 months, and
- Who work for you on at least 4 days of the week.
This leave type may be taken when:
- The employee’s child is born.
- The employee’s child is sick.
- In the event of the death of the employee’s spouse or life partner, parent, adoptive parent, grandparent, child, adopted child, grandchild or sibling.
- This leave type doesn’t not carry over to the next 12 month cycle.
- You may require reasonable proof before paying compassionate leave.
- Employees may take part of a day off instead of the whole day.