You are required to grant employees 3 days of family responsibility (compassionate) leave per 12 month leave cycle. This is however only applicable to employees who:
- Have been employed by you for longer than 4 months; and
- Who work at least 4 days a week.
This leave type may be taken when:
- An employee's child is born;
- An employee’s child is sick; and
- An employee’s spouse or life partner, parent, adoptive parent, grandparent, child, adopted child, grandchild or sibling dies.
- This leave type does not carry over to the next 12 month cycle.
- You may require reasonable proof before paying compassionate leave.
- Employees may take part of a day off instead of the whole day.